Starbucks Service Desgin Case Study
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks was founded in Seattle, Washington in 1971.
Improve customers’ experience to explore the new featured drinks/items and can place orders right from app.
- Menu limitation on the wall display
- Long wait line in the store
- Brand awareness
- “Discover hub” in the store that presents full menu, featured item and story of Starbucks culture
- Order with “ Discover hub” to reduce the wait line in the store
Our team: Ishan Liou, Ana Valencia, Francine Can, Katie Phan, Paul Lee
My role: User research, usability testing, illustrator, and high fidelity prototype designer
Tools: Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and InVision
Timeline: Week 1 Users Research; Week 2 Information Architectures and Design; Week 3 Prototype and Usability Testing; Week 4 Iteration and final deliverable
The Research & Analysis
Store visit / Deep hanging out
The Journey Map
Alex is looking to grab a drink and a quick bite near class. She usually goes to her local coffee joint but today she is in a hurry and Starbucks is closer. This will be her first time ordering there.
The Ideation Phase
- Crazy 8s solution sketching
- Brainstorming the details